but no... that would make too much sense.
so INSTEAD of actually learning something HELPFUL this class has consisted of a professor who has absolutely lost his mind and wants US to take control of the situation....really great.
If this was just a normal class I could deal with an insane teacher, but it's not a normal class. There is no real grading system... no syllabus... not an ounce of organization. The first day of class he literally told us that he had "no idea what would happen this semester," and we would just have to "see how it turns out."So our first assignment was to create some type of art piece to display at the Atomic Testing Museum for an art show, which is actually pretty cool but has been nearly impossible to organize.
Our group decided to make vintage advertising posters that are all oriented around a cupcake. We've named it "Operation Cupcake", because with the atomic bomb every explosion was named Operation "Something". We've already framed and hung the photos, so now we just have to get 50 actual cupcakes ready for opening night that all look like tiny mushroom clouds (with the help of Retro Bakery) and then make one GIANT cupcake mushroom cloud to serve as the centerpiece (still haven't started on this)
On top of all this craziness I was asked (after being told I hadn't contributed enough) to hand-paint all of the students names on a wall for the opening which took me 3 HOURS.
Never again will I take a class by Pasha Rafat.
Cool projects, INSANE teacher.
SO..... here are the pictures we did. The show opens this Friday at 6 and goes til 9. I love picnik editing. :)






You weren't contributing enough? you practically made those pictures WORK! How in the heck is that not contributing enough?
ReplyDeleteOther than that. Everything so far looks amazing!!! good job Sam!